Saturday, September 24, 2005

Firefly

My love affair with Firefly didn't start with the TV show. No, it started with the DVD- I never actually saw Firefly on TV until recently, when SciFi started airing the series on SciFi Fridays.
I was looking through Netflix one day and it just so happened that they recommended this series to me. It seemed kind of familiar, and I remembered that some of the sites I frequent had talked about how this show that was absolutely hosed by Fox was simply the best show ever. So, I figgured "Meh, if I don't like it, well, at least I won't really be wasting any money on it."
I watched all 4 discs in one sitting.
I then bought the set the next day.
Firefly is my obsession.
It kinda faded some, simply because, well, you can really only watch the same series several hundred times in a row before you've practically memorized it, and it's still entertaining, but meh.
Until one day, when I heard about a possible Firefly MOVIE.
(O_O)
(^_^)
<(^_^<) (>^_^)>
<(^_^<) (>^_^)>
<(^_^<) (>^_^)>
(Translation for the Emoticon-impaired: Shock. Happiness. Happy dance.)
Ever since the rumors started (And then the confirmations... ooooooooooh.) I've been somewhat obsessing over this again, and watching firefly pretty often.
Now Scifi is showing the series on TV again... so I get to say I've watched it on tv, too. Just not in the beginning. :sigh:
But hey- Now the movie is coming out.
THIS NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!
Make DANG SURE you get your tickets- I don't care where, so I'm posting as many places as I know of to get your tickets:
Moviefone
Fandango
Yeah, that's about it.
Actually, I didn't even realize you could get them from moviefone online until the Serenity site started pimping them. Uh... So I guess they have a deal with them. Maybe you should just get them there. (heh®)
(Heh is a registered trademark of Glenn Reynolds. Used without permission. But come on, like a lawyer would sue?
...
Oh, CRAP.)
So, Make sure you get your tickets now. And go watch the trailers again. And the clips. And the TV spots. Come on, if you're able to read this, your eyes aren't bleeding yet- you can do it! Again!
Read the notes, too.
All of them. They'll provide you, the uninitiated, with a great insight into the history behind this.

Filed in:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home