Sunday, May 07, 2006

Carnival of the Recipes submission: Peanut Butter Play-doh

Well; When I was a young'un my Aunt Jerry used to make this delicious Play-doh-like substance when my family came to visit; we kids would play with it and have a wonderful time, then have an even better time eating it when we were done. Of course, my mother got the recipe from my Aunt (She also got her famed yeast rolls recipe... but we'll save that for another time ^_- )

Peanut Butter Play-doh

1C Peanut Butter (Note #1)
1C Powdered Sugar
1-1/2 C Corn Syrup
1-1/2 C Powdered Milk

1. Blend all the ingredients together.
2. Knead the resulting dough-like substance for about 10 minutes, or until it's fairly consistant. (Note #2)
3. Play with it and/or eat it. Simple, eh?

Notes:
#1: Smooth peanut butter is traditional, and really required if you plan on anyone playing with this. You can use crunchy if you want to; but I'd really only do that if you plan on using this purely as a candy.
#2: Kneading is necessary for a smooth texture, which is mostly for play. If you're JUST going to eat it, you can save a little labor and skip this, or only knead for a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home