Tuesday, July 19, 2005

System of a Down: BYOB

OK; so I LOVE the song, hate the message. Hrm.
Time to answer their questions.
"Why don't presidents fight the war?"
Well, in a sense they do, in that they're the commander-in-chief. But mostly because they are supposed to focus a bit more on domestic issues/foreign relations, and let the experts handle what they do best.
"Why do they always send the poor?"
Simple- because your Democrat buddies in congress won't give them raises. Maybe you should think about that one, eh?
If you're trying to claim that "only" the poor join the military... wow. I mean, wow. I suspect this is one of those "I don't know any [blank] folk that joined the military, so OBVIOUSLY none exist, or they're extremely rare" situations.
Bad news, guys- I know a goodly number of wealthy folks that have joined up.
Nah, I don't feel like working hard enough to look up the actual demographics. Don't really care all that much right now. Too busy playing in google earth. Mmm... www.googleearthhacks.com ...

4 Comments:

Blogger The Analog Kid said...

Heh. Not sure I love the song (I know I hate the message), but my wife can crack me up pretty easily by singing the "LaLaLaLaLaLa LaLaLa" from that song. (That part of the song itself can crack me up...)

7/20/2005 1:57 PM  
Blogger *** hunzer *** said...

I just stumbled across your blog and when I saw BYOB, I had to stop.

I *love* this song, as does my 4 year old daughter. I often catch her singing "Everybody's going to the party have a real good time".

The message itself? I'm not getting in to that. I'm on vacation!

7/20/2005 2:18 PM  
Blogger Waldo said...

I'd be interested in knowing "wealthy folks" that joined the military.

7/20/2005 2:33 PM  
Blogger George said...

Hrm... I'm not really a fan of random blog-spam, so Bye-bye, comment.
As for "wealthy folks;" most of the folks I know either joined up since 9-11, or have a family history of military service. No, you're right that MOST people with other options avoid military service, but "why do they always send the poor" is a BS statement.

7/21/2005 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home